First off, think about what you want to communicate, what will appeal to your target market, what will have longevity and be easily recognisable.
When deciding on a name are a few different types names that you can choose from:
Then there are particular qualities, that should aspire to and avoid, such as choosing a name that is:
1. Unique and Memorable
2. Avoids Unusual Spelling
3. Easy to Pronounce
4. Check for any cultural insensitivity’s. Do not pick a name that could have negative, insulting or unlucky meanings in another language.
5. Check that a matching domain name is Available.
6. Check that it is available on the Business Name Index.
7. Allow for some flexibility, don’t pigeonhole yourself in too much. If you plan to move or expand, then Geographic locations and names that are too descriptive about the product/service you offer can do this.
8. Test your name out. Ask some potential customers what they think.
9. Offer a hint. If you you go down the path of an abstract name, consider have a tagline that gives a clue about your product or service.